DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
SingAlliance Pte. Ltd. and SingAlliance (Switzerland) SA (“SingAlliance”) recognizes the importance & sensitivity of data privacy and adheres to high data protection standards as well as transparency of personal data collection and processing.
SingAlliance is fully committed to observing and complying with the provisions of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when processing any personal data.
We collect information about you from your interactions with us (e.g. engage our services, register for our event, request for information, entering into formal or informal talks about our services or from any other form of contact as client, prospect, business partner, or as any other data owner interacting with us), or from certain third parties such as due diligence service providers, or from other publicly available sources, or from another SingAlliance Group company (i.e. subsidiary and/or affiliate, where applicable).
Depending on the type of relationship you have or are interacting with us, the following personal data may be collected and/or processed and/or used:
- personal details such as name, identification number, date of birth, nationality, gender, family-related information, KYC documents (including copies of identification documents (identity cards and/or passport), phone number and any kind of address details (including email address);
- financial information, including payment and transaction records and information relating to bankable and non-bankable assets, financial statements, liabilities, taxes, revenues, earnings and investments;
- tax domicile and other tax-related documents and information;
- professional information, such as job title, work experience, education background and income levels;
- information related to investor profile, such as investment objectives, knowledge & experience in investment matters and risk appetite;
- information that you provided to us when you communicate to us through telephone, email or when you attend any event or meeting with our involvement; and
- other personal data that is relevant and necessary for SingAlliance to provide our service, and any other information required to be obtained under the applicable laws (hereinafter altogether referred to as “personal data”).
THIRD PARTY SITES – Within our website or our services, there may be links to third-party websites or applications. We are not responsible for the content or privacy compliance of third party websites or applications. You should check those websites or applications for their privacy statements and terms that apply to them.
LEGAL BASIS AND PURPOSE
Depending on the nature of our relationship with you, SingAlliance always process and/use your personal data if we have a valid legal basis or for a specific reason, such as to provide and improve services, purposes that are in our legitimate interest, compliance and marketing purposes:
- where you have given us your consent
- fulfilment of contractual obligations to provide our services
- complying with internal policies and procedures
- meeting regulatory and other compliance obligations
- valuation & enhancement of IT security & Operations
We may use your personal data and deliver marketing & event communications to you across various platforms such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail and online. Where required by law, we will ask you to explicitly opt in to receive marketing from us. If we send you a marketing communication, it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these communications in the future.
Honoring your marketing preferences is important to us. You have the right to immediately & permanently unsubscribe to receiving these marketing communications.
PERSONAL DATA TRANSFER & SHARING
SingAlliance shares personal data within the SingAlliance Group, with our business partners and third party service providers, or authorities in accordance with law. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any purpose other than to provide services to us. In particular, we may share personal data with:
- SingAlliance Group companies
- business partners with whom we deliver co-branded Services, provide content, or to host events, conferences and seminars
- third parties that help us deliver Services or act on our behalf
- third parties where we have a duty to or are permitted to disclose your personal information by law (e.g. regulators, government agencies, law enforcement, courts and other public authorities)
- third parties in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings), in which case we may disclose your personal data to prospective buyers, sellers, advisers or partners and your data may be a transferred asset in a business sale, provided that the receiving party agrees to treat your personal data in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- third parties where reasonably required to protect our rights, users, systems and Services (e.g., legal counsel and information security professionals)
Your personal data may be stored and processed outside of your home country. We have measures in place to ensure that when your personal data is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws.
When we transfer personal data internationally, we put in place safeguards in accordance with the provisions of the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), or any applicable data protection laws & regulations to the extent possible and that an adequate level of data protection is provided.
SingAlliance will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or contractual requirements.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
Depending on the jurisdiction you are in or where we operate, you may enjoy certain rights at law in relation to our collection, use or disclosure and processing of your Personal Data. You have the following rights under European laws, and may have similar rights under the laws of other countries:
- right of subject access: The right to make a written request for details of your personal information and a copy of that personal information
- right to rectification: The right to have inaccurate information about you corrected or removed
- right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’): The right to have certain personal information about you erased
- right to restriction of processing: The right to request that your personal information is only used for restricted purposes
- right to opt out of marketing: You can manage your marketing preferences by unsubscribe links found in the communications you receive from us or by visiting the applicable preference center
- right to object: The right to object to processing of your personal information in cases where our processing is based on the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or we have let you know the processing is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests
- right to data portability: The right to ask for the personal information you have made available to us to be transferred to you or a third party in machine-readable format
- right to withdraw consent: The right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us to handle your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information prior to the withdrawal of your consent
These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases.
If you have any questions, comments, complaints or suggestions in relation to data protection, or any other concerns about the way in which we process information about you, please contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
SingAlliance Pte Ltd
20 McCallum Street,
#18-01 Tokio Marine Centre
Tel: +65 6303 5050
SingAlliance (Switzerland) SA
16bis rue de Lausanne
Tel: +41 22 518 85 85
SingAlliance may amend this privacy notice from time to time. If the notice has been updated, we will take steps to inform you of the changes by appropriate means, e.g. via email and post an alert on our website